Become a Volunteer Examiner
If you are interested in becoming an ARRL/VEC Volunteer Examiner (VE), go to
for the details.
- From step 1 of the above web site, download the Volunteer Examiner Manual and study it.
- Complete and sign the VE Application form and 40 question open-book review contained in the manual.
- Send the completed application form and review to the ARRL/VEC following the instructions in the manual.
- Once accredited, you will receive in the mail a laminated VE badge and badge clip to wear at exam sessions,
and a certificate suitable for framing.
Please allow 3-4 weeks for the ARRL VE badge and certificate to arrive.
- During the interval between your approval and the arrival of your badge,
you can work as a VE provided that the VE team leader can verify your approval via the VEC.
Return to AC7EL's amateur radio home page